------

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The "personality" of JB's Sherlock Holmes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Electric Blue Dress

PostSubject: The "personality" of JB's Sherlock Holmes   Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:41 pm

JB will always be my favourite Holmes. I am able, quite easily, to watch other portrayals of the legendary character, but none of the others, as good as they are, have quite such a riveting effect.

JB's Holmes is funny, dark, impressive, magnetic, and I suppose, quite loveable too. He had a way of, as he often said, "becoming" the character. I suppose other actors before him - and after, have attempted to do it to a certain extent, but not in the same way.

JB had style and presence. Such was his presence, that his Holmes shall be with us forever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Capt. Jack

PostSubject: Re: The "personality" of JB's Sherlock Holmes   Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:19 am

I think quite a lot of the success of JB's Holmes is down to the personality side of him. As you say, he is magnetic and I think, a lot more realistic than many other Holmes which came before him. The other factor of course is that it was so close to Conan Doyle's original character and stories, and the adaptations were taken very seriously, not least by JB himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The "personality" of JB's Sherlock Holmes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1